Well, we got to Bogota safely on Monday night and have been enjoying the first few days of the Cerulean Warbler and Golden-winged Warbler conference - We're meeting at the Juan Valdez building, it's great! Free coffee all the time, except I don't drink the stuff, and lots of great food. It's great spanish practice because most of the talks are in Spanish. I could wear headphones and have it translated, but I decided it's better practice to just listen. And it's challenging but fun! I love these bird folks!
Some of us skipped out on the talks this morning and went birding at the botanical garden in town. It was beautiful, and I got a bunch of life birds, including black flower piercer, lesser goldfinch, saffron finch, crimson backed tanager, sparkling violet ear...and several other beauties. Here tomorrow, then we leave early Friday morning to go to San Vicente for a bird and music festival and some great birding at the Cerulean warbler reserve, woo hoo! I can't wait to see the little blue dudes hanging out on their wintering grounds.
Sorry, no pictures yet, no time. I'll figure that out eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah Tiff!! That is great. I am so glad to hear all is well and that the life birds are adding up. Wish I could be there!
This is the beginning of a wonderful few months for you...enjoy every minute!
Love you, Les
Yay Tiffany! I'm glad you got there safely and have had a fun time so far :) It was good chatting with you online today! I love you! *hugs* :)
Post a Comment